Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Filler: Dominican Republic & Nicaragua
Size: Toro (6 x 54)
Construction: Ortsac 1962 was really well constructed, didn’t have any major veins protruding and had the typical corojo colored wrapper. I’m not sure if we were inspecting the Ortsac too closly but the wrapper felt “thick” compared to its twin – the Rocky Patel Edge.
Draw: The Ortsac 1962 had a good draw that just required a little tug to pull smoke. I would recommend cutting the cigar but there will be no issues with a punch.
Burn: Ortsac 1962 is a slow burning cigar. However, the smoothness (and generally how good this cigar is) makes it a-okay with us.
Taste: The Ortsac 1962 introduces itself as a sweet spiced cigar. Slight wood notes came into play along with some earthiness. Finishing the fist 1/3 seemed to bring in a hint of leather notes. Overall I would say the cigar is slightly creamy and really gives you a mellow, medium bodied, tobacco taste.
The middle of the Ortsac 1962 did not differ too much from the introduction of the stogie. The cigar did become a bit more creamy but you still have the basic flavor profiles: wood, earthy, a hint of leather, and a sweet spice. The body is still in the medium range and the white ash is holding on strong.
Consistent and clean the Ortsac 1962 does not change the flavor profile. The most noticeable, and enjoyable, part of this cigar was that the spice never changed and it finished very clean on the palate never becoming bitter.
Final Verdict: The Ortsac 1962 is in the $5.xx – 6.xx price range (depending on how you purchase the cigar). First of all, any cigar that comes shipped to you in an ammo container just screams “buy me“, who wouldn’t want a spare ammo box laying around? Of course with all the cigars that come shipped in the box you might want go in on a split box. The cigar is better than the Rocky Patel Edge, it is really consistent through, and its the perfect medium body cigar with a sweet spice. Buy this cigar – and ignore the goofy name.
- Rocky Patel Spring Collection 2009 Wrapper: Sumatra Filler: Nicaragua Size: Robusto(5 x 50) Strength: Medium...
- La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown Filler: Nicaragua Size: Corona (5.63 x...
- CAO Gold Vintage Cremant Wrapper: 2004 Ecuadorian Connecticut Filler: Nicaragua & Honduras Size: Cremant...
- CAO Brazilia Wrapper: Brazil Filler: Nicaragua Size: Lambada (6×50) Strength: Medium Quick...
- Kristoff Ligero Maduro Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro Filler: Cuban Seed Dominican and Cuban Seed...