Nub Habano 466
Size: Nub 466 (4 x 66)
Strength: Medium to Full
The Nub Habano review is finally here. The Nub cigar is a product of Sam Leccia in conjunction with Oliva Cigars. Nub was created with this theory in mind: Cigars have a sweet spot of flavor between 3.5-4 inches. Nub cigars are no longer than 4 inches so that the smoker starts at the sweet spot and ends at the sweet spot.
Frankly, I was quite skeptical of purchasing this stogie because I felt like I was purchasing half a cigar at full cigar prices. I bit my lip, walked into my local shop Stogie Cutter, pulled out my wallet, and purchased a couple of the Nub Habano 466.
Construction: The Nub Habano has a beautiful colored wrapper. The shade told me it had power, but nothing I should be afraid of. The wrapper did not have an oily sheen. Dense with tobacco the Nub was very firm and well constructed.
Draw:I was afraid the Nub would have a difficult draw due to the dense large ring gauge. I decided to punch the cigar – from light to finish the draw was perfect.
Burn: Nub produced an even burn throughout, something you come to expect with Oliva products. The ash was thick and did not fall off.
Higher Priced: Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario cigars by Arturo Fuente
Same Price: La Gloria Cubana Series R
Lower Priced: JFR Maduro by Tabacalera Tropical
- 601 Green Label Habano Oscuro Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro Filler: Nicaragua Size: La Fuerza (5.5×54)...
- NUB Barber Pole NUB cigars have been loved by just about everyone since...
- Gran Habano 3 Siglos Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo Shade Grown Filler: Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and...
- 601 Habano Oscuro Corona Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro Filler: Nicaragua Size: Corona (5×42) Strength:...
- Rocky Patel Spring Collection 2009 Wrapper: Sumatra Filler: Nicaragua Size: Robusto(5 x 50) Strength: Medium...