La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown
Size: Corona (5.63 x 46)
Construction: Dark milk chocolate in color with a triple cap. Some small veins were spread over the wrapper. Maybe 1 or 2 long running veins that I was able to feel with my hand. Tight wrap with no soft spots.
Draw: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial has a medium draw needing a little work to get smoke. Cutting the Ashton cigar opened up the draw and made it perfect.
Burn: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial has a even burn for the entire smoke, typical of Ashton. Some points of the Don Pepin creation may seem a bit jagged but no touch ups needed. Ashton solid white ash. Great producer of smoke that coats the pallet.
Taste: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial started out with a great mixture of flavors in the tobacco. Each draw contained a sweet note accompanied by wood, slight coffee, and a bit of leather. Spice in the back of the pallet without the usual Don Pepin flavor.
Sweet wood like cedar. This Ashton cigar is very complex. As the sweetness becomes more delicate an earthy flavor is introduced. Wood was the dominate flavor and the leather made the body increase. Again some spice is in the smoke that coats your pallet. Overall very clean smoke.
Ending is consistent. Sweet, light spice, coffee, earthy. This Don Pepin, Ashton cigar is very complex and will give you a lot of flavors.
Final Verdict: Buy it. On the retail side the cigar will cost (in the low) $7.xx range. Online purchasing would save you about a dollar, $6.xx. This is a great value for an Ashton cigar, a Don “Pepin” Garcia cigar, and/or an overall good medium body cigar that your pallet will love. Furthermore, I have had the opportunity to age the La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial and I can tell you that it does quite well. So pick up this cigar – smoke some now, age some for later – either way you are going to enjoy.
- La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown Filler: Nicaragua Size: Corona (5.63 x...
- Savinelli Liga Especial Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Filler: Nicaraguan Size: Robusto (5×50) Strength: Medium...
- New Sizes From la Aroma de Cuba The Philadelphia-based cigar manufacturing company, owned by Ashton Distributors Inc.,...
- Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial – What’s the Fuss All About? I don’t know many French guys, but many of the...
- 601 Green Label Habano Oscuro Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro Filler: Nicaragua Size: La Fuerza (5.5×54)...