Illusione Epernay Pre-Review
Size: Corona (5.5×48)
Construction: Light milk chocolate colored wrapper. Minimal sheen on the but oils can be seen. Veins are also minimal although you may find a medium sized vein or two that can not be felt. No soft spots on either of the samplers.
Draw: Good, medium draw. The Epernay can be cut or punched.
Burn: These Epernay cigars were pre released sampler sticks, so take these notes with a grain of salt. One of the Illusione Epernay cigars had a jagged, uneven burn with a dark ash. The other stick had a good burn with a brighter peppery ash.
Taste: Medium body with a nice spice. Smooth cigar with a warm body.
Spice has been removed and the Epernay moves into a warm toasty flavor profile. Sweetness is lingering in the background. You will get a great sense of the great tobacco that is used.
Spice has made a comeback but it is not as strong as the beginning of the cigar. Sweetness is still in the finish and cleaves the pallet very clean. Very consistent and complex through the Illisione Epernay.
Final Verdict: The Illusione Epernay will have a price tag between $7.xx. – 9.xx. From our initial smoke we can tell that this is going to be a great cigar. We are more excited to see what the cigar brings us when it’s from the factory, we have control of the humidity, and to see how they develop with age. Buy your box now when you get the chance – it’s a safe bet (and they should fly off the shelves)!
- Illusione Epernay Le Ferme Wrapper: Nicaragua Filler: Nicaragua Size: Le Ferme – Robusto Extra...
- Illusione Epernay Le Monde Wrapper: Nicaragua Filler: Nicaragua Size: Le Monde (Toro) (6 1/4...
- Illusione Nosotros Wrapper: Corojo Filler: Nicaraguan Size: Churchill (7×48) Strength: Medium-Full The...
- Illusione CG4 Wrapper: Nicaraguan Filler: Nicaraguan Size: White Horse – Corona Gorda...
- J. Fuego Origen Wrapper: Brazilian Corojo Filler: Nicaragua Size: Corona (5.7×48) Strength: Medium-Full...