Wrapper: Corojo Sun Grown
Size: Robusto (4.5×52)
Construction: Very smooth looking brown wrapper with a few veins that can not be felt with the hand. Tobacco is packed in nicely and there are no soft spots. The construction is really great overall, typical of Tabacalera Tropical cigars.
Draw: Casa Fernandez has a good, medium draw that requires very little effort.
Burn: Casa Fernandez had an amazing ash. Ash is very firm, solid, and bright white. Burned at just the right pace and with a straight line.
Taste: Good clean smoke so far with a medium body. Very straight forward tobacco with a medium dry spice. Flavorful and interesting on the palate. Smoke is light and easy to do nose test. The ash on Casa Fernandez is white and solid.
Ash is most amazing aspect of the Casa Fernandez, very solid and white. Clean smoking with a slight dryness and a hint of sweetness. Coffee is lingering in the palate with some spice.
Cigar is consistent finishing like the midpoint of the cigar. Flavors are becoming more muted. Sweetness has disappeared. Smoke is still clean leaving the palate feeling good.
Final Verdict: The Casa Fernandez will be in the $9.xx. price range. Casa Fernandez is a very well built cigar that delivers an enjoyable smoke that can be had anytime. The quality and clean smoke alone make it a cigar that you should try and odds are you will put some of these cigars in your humidor. However the price tag is not justifed, it was not a unique enough cigar. Save your cash on a box purcahse and go with something else.
- Kristoff Ligero Maduro Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro Filler: Cuban Seed Dominican and Cuban Seed...
- Coronado by La Flor Wrapper: Nicaraguan Sun Grown Filler: Dominican Size: Toro (6 x...
- J. Fuego Origen Wrapper: Brazilian Corojo Filler: Nicaragua Size: Corona (5.7×48) Strength: Medium-Full...
- Cain F Wrapper: Nicaragua Filler: Esteli Ligero, Condega Ligero, Jalapa Ligero Size:...
- CAO Brazilia Wrapper: Brazil Filler: Nicaragua Size: Lambada (6×50) Strength: Medium Quick...