Nebraska lawmakers appear to have squashed any chance that bars could allow smoking despite a ban slated to go into effect in June.
On Monday, the Legislature passed an amendment that would only allow cigars – not cigarettes – to be smoked in so-called cigar bars. Lawmakers said the amendment was needed to prevent normal bars from becoming cigar bars so they could allow cigarette smoking.
The amendment was attached to a bill (LB355) that would exempt cigar bars from the smoking ban that has few exemptions and will outlaw smoking in restaurants, bars and other workplaces.
It may also be difficult for cigar bars to allow customers to smoke stogies. The bill would require that at least 10 percent of a cigar bar’s revenue come from cigar sales.
Cigar Reviews from friends of puffingcigars.com:
CigarCommand.com – He did a review on the Oliva V Lancero. I also want to make mention that he is running a pretty cool t-shirt contest so go to his main page to get all the info on that.
ACigarSmoker.com – Barry got his hands on the Tatuaje Cojonu 2009. Lucky guy, makes me wish I lived on the East Coast, but then I remember our year round perfect weather.
TomsCigars.com – I love J. Fuego. Tom had the opportunity to review the Xikar cigar. Some might be put off smoking a cigar from a company who makes cutter – but try it. Trust me.
puffingcigars.com Site News:
Have you heard of Falto cigars? You will this week.
- FDA Regulates Tobacco “Joe Camel will be given a life sentence and put...
- South Dakota Ban A legislative committee in South Dakota has unanimously voted that...
- California Smoking Ban It appears that cigar aficionados may still enjoy a fine...
- Albuquerque Cigar Bars Albuquerque is now in the cigar news thanks to councilor...
- Tinder Box Ahwatukee Jeff Cayton of the Tinder Box Ahwatukee in Arizona wanted...